Monday, May 25, 2009

Women Winemakers Rule the World!



2007 Sauvignon Blanc
Hyde Vineyard


I will say it again: The Best Winemakers in California are Women.
The Ladies to me rule the world.
Kris Curran
Rosemary Cakebread
Celia Masyczek
Heidi Peterson Barrett
and so many more that skip my mind at the moment:

Then there is Mia Klein. Owner of Selene Wines. With a long long history Consulting for Several Big Name wineries like Araujo, Bressler, Spottswoode, Viader, and Fisher. Selene is her personal Label. Mia makes several beautiful wines. Merlot, Cabernet, Rose and a Bordeaux blend, but to me its that "Beautiful - Crisp - Clean" Selene Sauvignon Blanc that I can never ever forget. I have always said the I lean more towards Sauv. Blanc's and several other Varietals over Chardonnay. Her expression of Sauvignon Blanc shows the lime, lemon and pineapple notes that I have come to love from this varietal. The wine has a beautiful long finish that makes you want to keep coming back to the glass for more. Scallops - Shrimp - Lobster and my favorite! Avocado Salad with oil and vinegar (My Cuban Specialty) will benefit from this wine. So so Good! The 2007 vintage has just been released. You will find this wine at any of the major wine shops in Los Angeles! I got to try it at California Wine and Cheese. The Sauvignon Blanc wine prices out at $27.99 per.

This is one of my favorites Ladies and Gents.

Definitely Give this one a Serious Try.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment