Friday, May 15, 2009

I guess for my first blog posting I better talk a little about myself. I was born and raised in Southern California. I am 41 years old. I am Married 21 years with 2 children ages 14 and 18. We started young. I have a career in Printing and design under my own company Flash Graph ix. It is a small home base business that I have been doing for 15 years. The business has had it's up and downs over the years, but I make a decent living.

I also have a huge thirst and love for wines and food. I am a self taught Cook. Learning mostly from all the years my grandmother and mother did it. Being Latino you get stereotyped as being a "mamas boy" Where your mama takes care of you forever and ever. But my mother and grandmother would always make me assist in any of the chores including cooking. So I learned a fun passion from them both.

My love for wines started back in 1995 when I was still working for someone else. My brother who had already been living in San Francisco since 1993 was working in the wine industry and from time to time would tell me about all the beautiful wines he got to taste. My then boss who was a Korean businessman had a hug passion for wines and food, so my first taste of a great bottle of wine was our Christmas Party where I got to taste 1992 Opus One and a Kobe Steak. To this day that meal ranks up there as one of the best I ever had. If I only remember the restaurant. Somewhere in Downtown LA. Went into an underground parking structure in one of the many many buildings. Took an elevator up to the restaurant. Oh well!

I fast forward 14 years later and thousands of bottles of wine. My love continues to flourish. I am not the best when it comes to history or regions, but I have gotten to understand varietals very well now and my real passions stems again from the love I have of cooking and pairing those great bottles of wine with the perfect meal...

It is my passion!

To Be Continued!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I salute your passion and look forward to reading many more great posts!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your passion for food and wine and am eager to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog. I too have a passion for great food and good wine. Good Luck with the blog, I will continue to follow.
    Joe (joeshico)
    http://whywineblog.com

    ReplyDelete