Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Man! Am I Spoiled!


I am just such a lucky lucky guy. I have such great friends that love to share beautiful bottles of wine. Especially my friend Ken whom I got to know at another of my favorite little wine shops to visit, California Wine and Cheese in Monrovia California! www.cawineandcheese.com
Ken has a great love for what has now become my second favorite grape varietal Pinot Noir. He has shared some great bottles with me over the last 2 1/2 years. This bottle being one of them.
The 2004 Halleck Estate Grown Pinot is a sonoma coast produced wine. This to me is a very Burgundian style Pinot with Earthy notes of herbs and spice on the nose, but tart cranberry, sour cherry flavors on the palate. The wine is very long and drawn out on the palate lingering for quite some time. 75 cases were produced. Halleck Vineyard produces several Pinot's plus a Sauvignon Blanc. It is mailing list and restaurant only, so this would be my only chance to taste it. Get your name on there mailing list or look for them at your local restaurant. I have put my name on the mailing list for future purchases when the economy bounces back.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a new favorite Pinot... I'll have to put this one to the test if I am lucky enough to find one at a local restaurant!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete